Welding Curtains & Blankets
Because hot work operations continue to be a leading cause of industrial fires and explosions it's important to choose Alpha's FM tested, approved and certified apparel, blankets, curtains and screens to protect your people, property and equipment from the ignition of combustibles due to welding, cutting and other hot work operations.
The characteristics of Alpha's welding blankets and welding curtains meet specific performance requirements versus those products that have no certification and may only meet minimum code requirements. And FM Approvals Follow-Up Facilities and Procedures Audit ensures the ongoing performance of Alpha's fire resistance products are consistently uniform, durable and reliable.
Alpha's welding protection products range from cost effective lightweight curtain materials for containment of sparks and arc-flash to heavy duty, long-service fabrics to shield against molten slag. Our welding materials are made of incombustible fiberglass, silica and aramid cloth and are available uncoated or with a specially formulated treatments to resist water, oil, harsh chemicals, fire and abrasion. They are flexible, drapable, easy to cut and stitch for the widest possible applications.
Alpha's welding blankets and welding curtains have been evaluated on their ability to:
- Prevent burn through the material and provide adequate protection for adjacent combustible from possible sources of ignition;
- Limit temperature transmission through the material to a degree that will prevent ignition to underlying combustibles;
- Resist melting, dripping of deformation so as to prevent sparks from spreading outside of confined and protected areas;
- Maintain their flexibility, durability and structural integrity when charred areas are subject to 90 degree bends;
- Maintain their fire and temperature rise resistance properties when subjected to accelerated weathering tests intended to stimulate exposure to light and water (ultra violet [uv] and condensation, respectively) conditions.